What is Adderall?
- Adderall medication is a CNS or central nervous system stimulant most commonly used to treat ADHD or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
- This medication is also used to treat narcolepsy or sudden daytime sleeping in adults.
- It is taken as an oral capsule.
- It works by altering dopamine and norepinephrine levels in the brain. It can help people stay on task longer, increase concentration, and manage behavioral issues related to attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
- Adderall XR is the extended-release form of Adderall.
- Half of the dose takes effect immediately, while the other half takes effect in approximately four hours.
What pain reliever may I take with Adderall?
You can take Ibuprofen with Adderall. There aren’t any known interactions between Adderall and Ibuprofen. However, you must consult the physician or doctor before using them together.
What are the medical uses of Adderall?
Adderall is FDA-approved to treat ADHD (the immediate-release version of the drug is also approved to treat narcolepsy). It can be prescribed in children aged six to twelve, adolescents aged 13 to 17, and adults.
While Adderall is only approved to treat ADHD, some research indicates it can help treat children with ADHD and ODD (oppositional defiant disorder).
Stimulants, in general, can be used as an adjunct for treatment-resistant depression, though the research is not clear about their efficacy in treating depression.
What should I know before buying Adderall online?
It is an amphetamine. Amphetamines carry a risk of overdosage. Therefore, you must take the smallest amount possible to treat your condition.
You must not take Adderall if you have:
- History of drug abuse
- History of agitated states
- Advanced arteriosclerosis
- Hypersensitivity to stimulants ( which may show up as anaphylaxis, severe skin rashes, or angioedema, which is quick swelling under the skin)
- Moderate to severe hypertension or bipolar disorder
- Symptomatic cardiovascular disease
You must also avoid Adderall XR if you have taken MAOIs or monoamine oxidase inhibitors within the last 14 days. Extra caution must be warranted for people with certain underlying cardiovascular conditions, like recent heart attacks, pre-existing hypertension, ventricular arrhythmia, or heart failure.
When taken as prescribed, the effects of Adderall (dextroamphetamine and amphetamine) last for approximately four to six hours. The effects of Adderall XR last for about 12 hours as this brand of Adderall is designed for slow and sustained release.
However, how long amphetamine effects last in general can be changed by other medications you take, known as drug interactions. High-acid juices may also shorten the effects of Adderall XR because they can interfere with absorption.
Adderall’s pharmacy price is the lowest on our website. Our website delivers all the medicines at affordable prices. It is administered at the minimum effective dose, and dosages vary depending on each individual’s response and therapeutic needs. Check your prescription, and talk to the doctor to ensure you are taking the correct dose.
In children aged 6 to 12, this medication is usually started at Adderall 10 mg (milligrams) once daily and usually in the morning. The doctor can adjust the dosage of Adderall in increments of 5 or 10 milligrams at weekly intervals.
There can be times when a physician decides to start the dosage at 5 milligrams once in the morning. The maximum recommended dose for children aged 6 to 12 years is Adderall 30 mg per day.
Doses higher than 30 milligrams per day have not been studied for their safety and efficacy in children. Adderall XR has not been researched in children below six years of age.
In adolescents with ADHD between 13 to 17 years of age, the recommended starting dose is 10 milligrams per day.
After one week, the amount can be increased to 20 milligrams per day if their ADHD symptoms are not adequately managed and controlled. In adults, the recommended dosage is 20 milligrams per day.
It comes in capsules with various dosage options, each with differentiating color combinations:
- 5 milligrams capsules (clear and blue)
- 10 milligrams capsules (blue and blue)
- 15 milligrams capsules (blue and white)
- 20 milligrams capsules (orange and orange)
- 25 milligrams capsules (orange and white)
- 30 milligrams capsules (natural and orange)
You may compare the prices of prescription drugs on our website and buy Adderall at the minimum cost.
- You can take Adderall capsules by mouth and swallow them whole.
- Do not crush or chew them, as this could release the whole drug at once and enhance the risk of side effects.
- You can take Adderall XR with or without food as directed by the physician.
- You must take it once in the morning, and you should take it the same way with each dose (such as without or with food).
- Drink a glass of liquid after every dose.
- If you forget to take your dose of ADHD, take it as soon as possible.
- However, please take caution when taking this medication in the afternoon because it can interfere with sleep when you take it too close to bedtime.
- You must avoid doubling up on this drug. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the one you missed and return to your regular schedule.